ABC Spiced Apple Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

For my avid bakers challenge this month we made Spiced Apple Cream Cheese Coffee Cake. This was a fun layered cake. I had read my fellow bakers posts and saw that most bakers said to bake it longer..so I did. The cheesecake layer was done but the cake bottom layer was over done! Drat...double drat.

 Flavor was good and the idea was fun. I got to use my 6 inch spring form pan. I am always in awe of one bakers ability to cut down a recipe (Paula) so I wanted to try to half the recipe. It turned out great. Using half an egg was really my only challenge.

 The recipe can be found here: Thanks Scientifically Sweet for some fun recipes.

http://www.christinamarsigliese.com/2011/12/spiced-apple-cream-cheese-cake.html

Comments

HanaĆ¢ said…
It turned out really good. Sounds like the cake batter and cheesecake batter need different baking times. I haven't made this yet but I am looking forward to it.
Vicki said…
I didn't know the Avid Bakers were still baking;, that's really great. This recipe looks wonderful. I'm always on the look out for another apple cake recipe. I just love them.