Quinoa Salad


Another great recipe from The Family Cooks. I have made it numerous times. I add things as I have them and change things because it is so flexible. I just love it!

Quinoa Salad

Ingredients
1 1/2 cup quinoa (rinsed if needed)
1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds ( I have added raw pumpkin seeds also)
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsely (I didn't use)
1/2 cup dried berries (cranberries, blueberries, or raisens)
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
Huge hand full of spinach, sliced thin (recipe calls for Kale)
I added cooked broccoli
1/4 scant cup olive oil
1/4 scant cup lemon juice
1 tea salt

Directions
1. Cook quinoa in salted water (I used chicken broth). Cook until tender 10 min. Drain well and cool on baking sheet about 15 minutes.
2. Combine all ingredients into bowl while quinoa is cooling.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste..or lemon juice as needed.

Comments

Vicki said…
I have yet to find a Quinoa salad I like. Maybe this will be the one. I did, however, come across The Most Amazing Ever veggie burger that was made from guinoa. Unfortunately it was at a restaurant! Don't think they will divulge the recipe.