Seeds of Power Granola

My most wonderful CT kitchen helper is growing up. Do you remember Baby Bakes a Cake?

Here is a picture of your recipe. CT wanted to write it down for her "collection".

I love how seedy this recipe is. The flavor from maple syrup is just mouthwatering. Wonderful on yogurt but a great snack all alone.

The recipe comes from one of my new cookbooks which is also a new favorite! The Family Cooks cookbook is amazing. The recipes are delicious and healthy. Everyone in our family loves them. A huge shout out for posting this recipe on their website for all to share. Thanks!!

Seeds of Power Granola

Ingredients:
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats (I use 4 cups)
1 cup ground flax seed meal (I don't use)
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 cup sliced raw almonds
1 cup un-sweetened coconut “chips” or shredded
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2  teaspoon salt
(I add 1 tea cinnamon)

To Make:

Heat your oven to 325ยบ. Combine all the ingredients in your biggest mixing bowl. With your hands toss them until all the seeds and nuts have gotten to know each other. Spread the granola on an oiled baking sheet. ( I use Silpat and no oil)
Pop the sheet into the middle of the oven, and check after 15 minutes. If the edges are getting too dark toss them gently with a spoon, then bake for another 15 minutes or until golden and toasty. Let the granola cool. Then crunch away. Can be stored in the fridge for at least 2 weeks.

Updated note: I ran out of olive oil so I used 1/4 cup olive oil and 1/4 cup coconut oil and also 1/4 cup maple syrup and 1/4 cup agave syrup. So GOOD.




Comments