ABC Double Chocolate Banana Muffins

Happy New Year fellow bakers, family, and friends! Guess what I got for Christmas this year...
new extract from Penzeys Spices, a new apron, a new cookbook, and best of all..a PIE Bird! I have wanted one for years (secretly).  I was excited by this challenge and wanted to test out my vanilla extract. 
Side note: Where ever we go my daughter finds hearts. We have seen hearts in rocks, cactus, clouds..and yes today, while baking these muffins, our banana peel showed us the LOVE.

This year our Avid Baker's Challenge baking group will be baking from Scientifically Sweet. Our first recipe is a wonderful chocolate banana muffin recipe. The texture was so tender!! So yummy. I didn't have access to great cocoa so the flavor wasn't as fantastic as it could be. But did I mention the amazing texture? I will definitely be making these again. Perhaps even tomorrow, now that I am back in my own kitchen again.

Double Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
1 1/4 tea baking powder
1/2 tea baking soda
1/4 tea salt
1/2 tea cinnamon
3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (2 med)
1/3 cup sour cream
1 large egg
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup canola oil
1 tea vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven 350 degrees. Line 12 standard cups with liners.

Whisk all dry ingredients. Set aside.

Whisk bananas and sour cream till smooth. Add egg, sugar, oil, and vanilla until well blended. Add dry mix and chips and fold gently just until combined. Do not over mix.

Toothpick test 20-22 minutes. Let cool on rack.

Comments

HanaĆ¢ said…
Happy new year to you too!! Your muffins turned out beautiful. Get rise. They are indeed very tender with great chocolate flavor and a hint of banana. They freeze great too. I hope they become a favorite of yours too.
Wow, they're BIG. This could get dangerous. Look good!
flour.ish.en said…
So much hearts around in your family and banana peel. Great looking muffins. Happy New Year!
Karen said…
Happy new year! Penzey's does have Dutch chocolate! Wonderful post!
Karen said…
You got such a great rise from those muffins! Lovely!
Sunita said…
It's always good to receive gifts. Happy new year to you and your family. May your daughter find more hearts.
Great looking muffins. I loved the texture too.
Wow, I LOVE your cover picture!

And your muffins look fabulous.