Caramel Apple Cobbler Dutch Oven Style

I am trying out a new way of cooking. Since it is so hot here in the desert, I wanted to try cooking outside so we won't heat up the house. I have had success with peach cobbler, Jose's Lasagna, and now Caramel Apple Cobbler. It is a fun way to cook.

Recipe Ingredients given for a 12 inch. Adapted from a wonderful book "Dutch Oven Cookout Step by Step" Michele Pika Nielson

Caramel Apple Cobbler

  • 16 oz sour cream
  • 1 16 oz box pound cake mix

Mix together in a gallon size ziplock bag. Set aside.


  • 10-12 apples, peeled and sliced
  • 1 1/4 cup sugar
  • 2-3 tea cinnamon

Mix together. Add to a preheated hot dutch oven. Add 1 cup water and simmer 10 minutes.

After 10 minutes add:

  • 2 boxes 3.5 oz packages "cook and serve" butterscotch pudding mix


Spread on top in clumps the cake mix. Do Not Mix in.
Bake 20-40

Comments

Lois B said…
Aren't you the clever one!!! This looks great. My dad and I made a birthday cake in a cast iron frying pan one year on a camping trip, but it was not a pretty site.
Lois,
My 16th birthday cake was a dutch oven peach cobbler..the candles melted into it! Funny times.