Red Rooster Taco Soup

I had the chance when we were living in Northern Utah to work at a wonderful little quilt shop called the Red Rooster. My "Sewing friends" and I had been working on some projects here and there and it was a great opportunity to learn more from some master quilters who I worked with. It was great fun.


I love creating, cutting into small bits and making big again, mixing colors, and piecing. During that time I become friends with Kaye who was not only an amazing quilter but a great cook. She was more than that..much more than that. Inspirational and inspiring person to say the least. She shared her taco soup recipe with me. It has been a family staple ever sense.


Taco Soup
1 lb ground beef (or left over chicken)
1 small onion, chopped
1 16 oz can kidney beans
1 16oz can black beans- my addition
1 16oz can white hominy (undrained)- my addition
1 16oz can corn (undrained)
1 16oz can diced tomatoes
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 pkg Taco Seasoning

Brown ground beef and onion. Add the other ingredients and simmer 10-15 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips, grated cheese, sour cream, chopped avocados, fresh cilantro, and lime slices.




Comments