Praises for My Mother In Law- Orange Rolls


My dad brought me back an oven mat from Australia!! Love it...by the way these photos are from 4 years ago. That is how long it takes me to post some of my recipes.



Joel's mother is one of the best cooks I know. She can make pie, bread, and rolls like no other. My favorite bread is her famous Orange Rolls.




You can use any roll recipe..But I like my mother in laws recipe or mine.

My Mother in Laws Roll Recipe
 Heat till lukewar
  • 1 cube butter
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup water

Add:
  • 2 Tb yeast
  • 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup for dinner rolls)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tea orange zest (not for dinner rolls)
  • 3 cup flour

Mix and add 3 more cups flour-till a little sticky. Knead and raise. Can raise 3 hours then cut and shape and let raise 30-40 minutes. Bake 375 for 20 minutes.


Shape into rolls.

I put butter all over the roll... softened butter.


Spread sugar and orange zest on before rolling.


I always roll my rolls crescent style. I want to try this flip method video. My mother in law makes a frosting with powdered sugar and O.J. It is wonderful

Comments