Happy Valentine's Day 2012!!!

What is your idea of Marital Bliss?? Chocolate and Roses? Joel made this sign for me for a church game night we had. It got me thinking about all the "blissful" things there are and how blessed we are to be a family. Boy, are we ever lucky!!

I made the family biscuit buns..takes only 40 minutes. So when we are in the mood for cinnamon rolls but do not have all day we make these. Not always heart shaped of course! In fact traditional spirals hold the yummy goo better.

Biscuit Buns
2 cup flour
1 Tb baking powder
1 tea salt
1/4 tea soda

Whisk dry together

1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup buttermilk

Whisk wet and add to dry just till moist. Knead dough and roll into rectangle.

3 Tb soft butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 tea cinnamon

Mix and spread on dough. Cut. Bake in 9 in round greased pan. 400 degrees 15-20 min.

Enjoy!!!


What happened???? This cake was the ugliest thing we have ever seen...but wow did it taste good. Joel said that there is no other cake for him-EVER.
I have never made a German chocolate cake before and wanted to try it out. How hard could it be? Well, now I know what I would do differently to make it work.

The frosting recipe I used was from Allrecipes.com and had the most amazing reviews. I loved it. And the cake recipe was just a jazzed up mix recipe but was great. I would try this again...but the recipe said to frost while cake was warm..I would wait until it was cooled completely.

Comments