A Biscuit Success!!!


Finally!!! Something turns out in biscuit form. I have shed many tears over my flat and tough biscuits. Or worse my flour pocketed biscuits that I made because I didn't want to over mix them!
I recently purchased Southern Biscuits and made the easy no fail biscuit...which failed! It is so frustrating because I love biscuits. That failure made me cry extra hard.

I returned to a cookbook that I have not used in a while, River Run Cookbook and made the Really Big Buttermilk Biscuits. They were fantastic.

Really Big Buttermilk Biscuits River Run cookbook
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tea baking powder
1/2 tea soda
1/2 tea salt
6 Tb cold butter
1 1/4 cup buttermilk

Oven 450 on greased sheet.
Use food processor
Add buttermilk and mix briefly
Knead briefly...gently fold
Pat into 1 1/2 or 2 inches..cut
Sides touching
Bake 15-20 min. Allow to cool

Comments

HanaĆ¢ said…
They turned out great indeed. Good for you! I used to cry when making biscuits too, until I tried a recipe from The Family Baker (http://www.amazon.com/Family-Baker-Never-Let-You-Down-Basic-Recipes/dp/0767902610/ref=pd_sim_b3). It was magic. Fluffy, tender, and great flavor. I don't even both make them round. I use a pizza cutter and make them square. No scraps, no rework, no toughness.