ABC Lemon Pullapart Coffee Cake

I started today with a taste for an omelet with hollandaise sauce and some Fourth of July strawberries. As I was preparing for my baking of Butterscotch Coffee Cake...I just couldn't get excited for it. I had been reading the recipe for our Avid Bakers Challenge for this month and just couldn't do it. I do not like butterscotch.
I usually do what we are doing but this time I just had to do something else from our book: Baking for All Occasions. I missed the Lemon Pull Apart Coffee Cake last year..so here it is.

Putting lots of zest in some sugar...and waiting for it to be our middle layers.

Starting to create our layers.

5 stacks of sweet dough and a wonderful zest flavored sugar.

Layering into bread pan.

Now that it has raised.

I candied some lemon slices to go with my pull apart bread.

At 190 degrees I took it out of the oven and it was perfect. It took 15 minutes longer than the recipe book said.

When I took it out of the pan, I had to prop it up because it wanted to fall down. I should have waited longer than 10 minutes in the pan.

The finished bread was fantastic. My error was putting on all of the glaze..it said not to. But I was so excited. So it was very sweet.

We all loved this!!! Wonderful texture and flavor. Plus it looked really cool.

Comments

HanaĆ¢ said…
Ahhh... the lemon pull-apart cake. I still have beautiful memories of this cake. It has an amazing citrus flavor. I'm glad you had a chance to make this one. It's definitely one of those "can't miss" coffee cakes. Please feel free to add a link to your post in the butterscotch cake section (that's ok) :o)
Vicki said…
Oh gosh this looks fantastic! I'm going to have to mark this one for future baking.
Sarah said…
Wow, that does look amazing! Lemon screams summer!