ABC Evie Lieb's Processor Challah

Another success from Flo Braker's Baking for All Occasions. And another late night...pulled this out of the oven at midnight. Was it ever worth the late night and sleepy next day!
My children are not fond of seeds so I did not use poppy or sesame seeds...those would have looked fantastic. In fact if you would like to see more wonderful loaves, check out the Avid Baker's Challenge for this month.

The dough was funky. I thought perhaps lumpy and not mixed thoroughly, but after kneading by hand it was beautiful.

Very easy and wonderful bread. Great straight from the oven.

To make it mouthwatering, I pulled off chunks for a midnight snack and smeared Arizona Red Lime Marmalade. Words can not explain how outstanding this was.
Now for my question..Flo, why do you suggest wrapping in tin foil and not plastic wrap? I have always wrapped my breads in plastic bread bags.

Comments

HanaĆ¢ said…
Your braided loaves look beautiful. Did you double the recipe or did you make 2 loaves from 1 batch of dough? Btw, that marmalade sounds amazing :o)
I always use and re-use plastic bags for tenting the finished loaves, no idea why she mentioned foil. (Think I skimmed right over that one to be honest)

Nice loaves!
Hanna,
I just made two loaves..one to give away and one for our dinner party. I love giving things away.

Dirt Queen,
Thanks, I take that as a compliment from a master roll maker.

Baking Soda,
Reusing bags!! I love it as well as your user name...it makes me smile when ever I see it.
Hanna,
Oh, and I remember..the creator of the recipe makes two loaves with this batch and the author entitled the chapter, "Ready to Share". That prompted me to make both loaves.