A Beginning Review....Clinton St. Baking Company

For my birthday my husband got me a cookbook. I married him because he is smart that way! This cookbook is from a New York Restaurant that serves breakfast, brunch, and beyond. It is called Clinton St. Baking Company. I have only made 5 recipes so far (biscuits, pancakes, maple butter, chocolate sauce and pumpkin cheese cake) but have had wonderful results.

The pumpkin cheesecake has the most wonderful flavor!! And days later tastes fresh...I will have to make this again soon..Thanksgiving, because I undercooked it and need to give it another chance at stardom. I also will be trying the biscuits again because in an effort to not over-mix, I under-mixed them! Biscuits are my nemesis!
Luckily, we loved the flops and are all excited for a second go. I did follow up the biscuits with a flaky biscuit recipe from Cook's Illustrated online and was wowed by the flavor, texture, and ease..I may have found my bridge to success with that recipe.

I have been in a slump today..so this evening after everyone was in bed, I whipped up some cinnamon chili chocolate sauce and dumped it on my left over "Neil's" pancakes. Wonderful! And it made an enormous amount, so I plan to have ice cream with chocolate sauce as my bedtime snack.

Nothing like chocolate to perk a person up.

Special thanks to:
Kathy Taylor- for the wonderful chocolate buttons
Joel Winegar- for loaning me his camera to take pictures
Joel Taylor- for The Great Cookbook!
Miss Amanda- for being my food guinea pig during your stay

Comments

HanaĆ¢ said…
Happy belated birthday!!! Sounds like you had a great one. I love cookbooks as birthday gifts :o) Sounds like you found a great pumpkin cheesecake recipe. I made one last Saturday. It was awesome. The crust is a nut-based shortbread crust with finely chopped crystallized ginger. The filling is creamy, pumpkin-y with lots of wonderful warm spices. The recipe is from Tish Boyle's "The Cake Book". You can find the recipe on her blog too (http://tishboyle.blogspot.com/2009/11/pleasures-of-pumpkin_18.html).
Debbie said…
Hope the chocolate ended your slump. Looks scrumptious!