Humble Samoan Chicken

Is there a fine line between being excited about food and being prideful?

I get so excited about food that I sometimes think people get the impression that I am a food snob. In fact, the only thing I turn my nose up at is overly processed or overcooked food...and ramen (sorry Dave). Sometimes people will say things to the effect of..I made this and was going to bring you some but it wouldn't have been as good as yours. Yes, it would have! I love trying new things and seeing what other cooks are cooking up.
The other day I was so excited I shouted to the mail lady, "look in the car at what I made!" My husband reprimanded me for being "all that". But I just was so excited to show someone this cool food..not because I made it but because it was beautiful to look at. I wanted to share the beauty of the food, not my ability to make it.
This recipe is one of my favorites. It is from my favorite Junior League Centennial Cookbook-which was a gift from JT when we were newlyweds. It later was a gift from my sister in law, who has great taste in cookbooks!

Flatten your chicken breasts.

Place prosciutto and sliced peaches, mango, papaya, or nectarines. I like nectarines best. Sadly this time my peaches and nectarines were not ripe enough so I used canned peaches. Not as good as fresh. And not as good as a good nectarine.

Roll and secure with toothpicks.

Mix coconut, curry, and thyme together.

Roll chicken breasts in coconut mixture.

Ready for a sauce of lime, butter, and cream with the drippings from the chicken. This sauce is excellent.

Fresh limes...what can I say?

And dinner is served. Samoan chicken, arroz verde, and roasted green beans. The rolls came from the bread master. They were so delish!


Ingredients:
Layer together and Roll:
  • 4 chicken breasts
  • Prosciutto
  • sliced nectarine
Roll chicken rolls in following:
  • 5 Tb coconut
  • 1/2 tea thyme
  • 1 tea curry powder
Sear on all sides then bake 350 15 minutes
  • 2 Tb butter
  • 3 Tb oil
Remove chicken and keep warm while mixing sauce. Deglaze with lime juice add cream and simmer 10 minutes. Add zest and butter. Cook 2 min.
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 Tb lime zest
  • 1 Tb butter

Comments

Sarah said…
did i mention that i need exact recipe for this one? looks SO good.
Added just for you friend!! Sorry it took me so long.