Canned Asparagus-To Buy or Not to Buy?

I should call this another step on my path to find food storage canned goods that my family will eat. The testing veggie in a can today is asparagus. My prediction is that we will not like it..I am very picky about canned veggies. We do love artichoke hearts in a can and could fill a truck with how much we go through. But...this is about asparagus.
A year supply of asparagus..in a can: Good idea or bad?

The recipe from Giada De Laurentiis's book for a pasta with artichoke, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes, and sausage is one of my favorite week night meals, when we are feeling rich and famous.
  • It is amazing.
  • It makes great leftovers.
  • Quick and Easy.
I found a similiar recipe on line...the only difference is the addition of asparagus (book recipe). Find the recipe here at the food network. Or print mine.


I love this recipe. I also love the cookbook. mmmm the asparagus..well, I won't be purchasing a year supply. The recipe is best with fresh, even frozen, asparagus but I have to say better without it than using canned. The canned asparagus is well...tasteless and soggy.

Comments