150 Best- Tuscan Rosemary Bars

When I am craving something exquisite yet simple, I make these. I love them in their simplicity. It is another recipe from The 150 Best American Recipes.

I keep pine nuts in the freezer for these bars.
Directions are simple:
Roast 1/4 cup pine nuts

Melt 1 stick butter in pan.
Add 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
roasted pine nuts
2 tea dried rosemary (I prefer dried as fresh didn't seem to pack the same flavor punch)

Then add 1 cup flour to make a stiff dough. Spread this dough into an ungreased 8x8 pan. Bake until golden, 20 min. Cool 10 minutes then cut but cool completely before removing from pan.

Simple! Butter, sugar, rosemary and flour turns into heaven.

Wonderful!!! Try them today..even if you don't have pine nuts (walnuts are fine).

Comments

Mendy said…
ב''ה

Neat! What an unusual recipe!