150 Best- Deviled Eggs being Devilish

Can you believe that a very good cooking friend of mine has never made deviled eggs? (don't worry Adelia, your secret is safe with me.) Deviled eggs are one of the easiest things to make..so forgiving..so tempting..and delish. They are one of those anything goes even the kitchen sink kind of food. I always thought deviled eggs had to have mayo, mustard, salt, and paprika. Now, I am entering into the world of flavor!! And sharing so AM can make this fun food.
I love you...come visit me!

Enter the world of flavor with me and see which egg you would choose: Bacon Balsamic or Parsi. The Bacon Balsamic comes from a great website called RecipeGirl.com and the Parsi comes from The 150 Best American Recipes.



Parsi Recipe
  • 6 hard boiled eggs
  • 1 tea honey
  • 11/2 tea lime juice
  • 1 Tb butter, softened
  • 1/4 tea salt
  • 1 Tb minced cilantro
  • 1/4 cup mayo
Mix all with yellow part of egg.
Bacon Balsamic Recipe

  • 1 doz hard boiled eggs
  • 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon or prosciutto
  • ½ cup mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp. grated red onion
  • 1 tsp. granulated sugar
  • ½ tsp. balsamic vinegar
  • 1/8 tsp. celery salt
  • ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
  • a few sprigs of cilantro
Mix all with yellow part of egg.





Comments

Sarah said…
Nice! Always looking for thing that are quick to make when Josh is gone (as you know he hates eggs). Yummy.
Arnold said…
Quick and easy, my kind of snack. I will be giving these a try as soon as the occasion arises, thanks for sharing.
Sonya said…
Hhhmm...Deviled Eggs are soooo good:)
Katie said…
I love the use of tomato and parsley as garnish. I often serve deviled eggs in the summer, but always thought they needed a little something to spruce them up!
Vicki said…
I thought they had to have mayonnaise!
I hope you will all try these!!! Maybe for a Mother's day brunch?