Ramekin Ramekin How I Love Thee...

I have come to a huge "Aha" in the kitchen. I love anything that bakes or is served in a ramekin-unless it is fish of course. I made Chocolate Pots de Creme for Valentines day and feel in love with anything creamy smooth and wonderful. The recipe I used for the Pots de Creme came from Cooks Illustrated on line. Thanks Amber, again for such a wonderful B-day present. (They do have a free 14 day trail if you are interested in finding the best recipes in the world.)
I also found a Creme Brulee recipe that I would love to try. Oh, and I made tapioca! mmm. But the greatest happening in this epiphany was the creation of a fantastic recipe. I have made rice pudding for years and always use the same recipe. Which in my opinion is the bomb, Lion House Recipes. Next to it in my cookbook I have hand written a recipe for a Mexican Rice Pudding. Over the years I have added this and changed that. Yesterday, I made the most mouth watering life changing concoction.
I thought it only fair to share my recipe to my foodie friends and hope you have the success I had with it. Amber, I was going to save you some but it called to me this morning for breakfast!

Life Changing Rice Pudding from Toni Taylor

  • 1 cup water
  • 1/8 tea lime oil
  • 1 cinn stick
  • 1/8 tea sea salt
Combine and simmer covered 5 minutes
  • 1/2 cup Basmati rice
Add and simmer on low, covered, 20-25 minutes until no liquid
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup coconut milk
  • 2/3 cup cream
  • 6 Tb sugar
Add to rice and cook until thick 10-12 minutes. Stir continuously. Remove cinn.
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 tea almond extract
Whisk. Add some hot rice to egg and whisk some more. Add egg to rice mixture

Comments

Your Pot de Creme looks delicious! And I love rice pudding and your recipe looks like a good one! :)

Hmmm....Lion House Recipes...are you in Utah by chance? :)
Amy said…
Where oh where do you get the sea salt?! in town i hope.
Vicki said…
This sounds utterly delicious. I've never heard of lime oil before. Must do a google and locate a nearby source! Thanks for
passing it along.

Everytime I see you and your girls' picture it just gives such a smile!
Jill,
Thanks. I went to college in Utah but am now in Virginia- Hence the name "Virginia" Taylors. Have you been to the Lion House?

Amy,
Walmart of all places!!

Vicki,
I have mine sent from a little gourmet food shop. It last forever in the fridge.
Nicola said…
Oh wow. I will have to give that Rice Pudding recipe a try. How can I not when it is called Life Changing?

Far cheaper than a holiday!
Amber Walker said…
I'm trying this! I love rice pudding and you're right about fish and ramekins :)
Nicola and Amber- I hope you will try it and then let me know how you liked it!!
It's been years since I've been to the Lion House (maybe when we'd visit Utah when I was a kid), but we have one of the cookbooks--I went to school at USU. :)